- VA works as a consultant, not as an employee. Therefore, you won’t have to pay employment taxes or benefits for your VA.
- You don’t have to set up a second computer, for the assistant to use. A VA uses his/her own equipment and computers. In addition, you don’t have to set up desk or office space for an assistant.
- Instead of having a fixed schedule of hours each week, with a VA you only pay for the hours you use.
- You can hire a VA to work a specific numbers of hours per month on a retainer which guarantees availability. Some VAs work on a per-project or per-hour basis as well.
- You can find VAs with specific skill sets, document creation and web design to those with social media management, internet, and other technical skills.
- VAs own their own business, so they know what it’s like to be self-employed.